PATIENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receive a Dignified, humanized, caring, respectful treatment and no discrimination;
• Be identified and treated by your first and last name and/or social name or fantasy;
• Ensure the confidentiality of your data personal, image, and diagnosis;
• Receive clear, objective and comprehensible information on the diagnosis, treatment, possible adverse reactions;
• Identify persons, directly and indirectly, responsible for their assistance through visible badges;
• Consent or refuse in a free, voluntary and informed manner, after receiving information about the procedures, diagnoses, therapeutic plans and clinical evaluations performed;
• Have the right fulfillment Vital Attestation;
• The right to accompany patients under 18 years of age, over 60, PCD and special cases.
• Provide important information about your health care report: allergies, pre-existing illnesses Always ask and note the guidelines on care needed during treatment;
• During hospitalization only medications prescribed by hospital should be used, except those authorized by the attending physician;
• Act with humanization, courtesy and discretion in the hospital’s premises, respecting and making sure that they are respected by their companions and visitors, guaranteeing other patients’ rights, employees and service providers.